Friday, May 19, 2006

Thierry Henry signs a new deal with Arsenal

Henry


henry


henry





Ending months of speculation about a possible move to Barcelona, Arsenal star Thierry Henry signed a new contract with Arsenal which keeps him at the club until 2010. In a move bound to spark of wild celebrations among Arsenal fans, Henry said, "At one point it crossed my mind to leave," he told a news conference on Friday, two days after Arsenal lost the Champions League final to Barcelona.

"But I think with my heart and my heart told me to stay."

"I've never played in Spain and never will. This is my last contract.

"This is the best country to play football. It's the passion I like. Here you can do your job in the right way - people here respect the players."

We can be so proud of what we did.

"The (Champions' League) game reassured me of one thing I wanted to know - how far I can go with that team. They showed me they are a team with heart and lots of quality.

"In the past year the fans have been more than amazing and after the way we lost on Wednesday, I couldn't let them down.

"It was another thing to add and a positive thing to make me stay."

Barcelona had hoped to lure Arsenal's talisman away from London with the prospect of glory and riches, but they reckoned without his unwavering loyalty to Arsene Wenger and the club, and his love for the fans. With the signing of this new contract Henry has firmly established himself as an all-time Arsenal legend, and the short-term future of the club looks bright indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home